The 2013 Science Fair is OVER! It was held on Tuesday, March 26 and Wednesday, March 27, 2013. Thanks to everyone for a successful fair this year. Most of the information on this web site is for the 2013 fair and is now dated. It will be updated for the 2014 Fair, by 1 January 2014. The date of the 2014 has not been set yet!
Please check this site for updates when we get closer to 2014:
The Frontenac, Lennox and Addington Science Fair (FLASF) is an annual event that provides an opportunity for Grades 5 to 12 students in the region to showcase their knowledge, talents and ingenuity in science, engineering and technology. We look forward to seeing you at the 42nd Frontenac Lennox and Addington Science Fair, which is scheduled for Tuesday 26 March 2013 and Wednesday 27 March 2013 at McArthur Hall, Queen’s University.
Please explore our website to find out more about FLASF.
Important dates and times for FLASF 2013:
- January On-line student registration opens
March On-line student registration closes
March Deadline for registration fee ($15) and signed signature / permission
form to be received by FLASF
Day 1 of the Fair
4:00 pm – 5:30 pm Project set-up, registration and safety check
4:30 pm - 7:00 pm McArthur Cafeteria is open BUT REMEMBER you must be at your project from 6:00 pm onwards!
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Category and Special Awards Judging – all participants must be present
Day 2 of the Fair
9:00 am – 10:00 am Grades 5 & 6 - Science Presentation; Grades 7 to 12 - Best-of-Fair
and Special Awards Judging
10:00 am –12:00 pm Public viewing, workshops, Best-of-Fair & Special Awards Judging
12:00 pm- 12:30 pm Lunch break (McArthur Cafeteria is open from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm)
12:30 pm – 1:15 pm
1:30 pm - 2:45 pm Awards Ceremony in the Auditorium
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm Take-down of projects and clean-up
2013 Science Fair in the News
Read about the 2013 fair in local newspapers:
- Kingston Whig Standard, 28 March 2013: Young Scientists Strut Their Stuff
- Kingston Whig Standard, 27 December 2012: All is Fair in Science
- There is a Visiting School Program at the Fair on Wednesday, March 27. Register your class to participate in Hands-On, Science-Based Workshops, public viewing of the Exhibition Hall, a Special Presentation by Dr. John Smol: "Water is all around us, but how is it changing" and the Awards Ceremony.
- Complete the application and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org today. Spaces are limited!: Visiting School Registration Form
Teachers may contact FLASF and have an Outreach volunteer visit their classroom with an exciting presentation showing what a science fair project is and answer any questions the students may have about the regional fair. To book a FLASF Outreach in Schools visit please contact: email@example.com
- Judge Volunteers: If you have an undergraduate university or college degree, are currently working or have worked in the sciences, please consider volunteering to be a judge to help us evaluate the student projects. Please follow the links on this web site for judging to learn all about judge requirments, expectations and how to self-register to be a day-of-fair volunteer judge in this year's fair.
Day-of-Fair Volunteers: We need volunteers on the day-of-fair to help in running the fair. This is an ideal volunteer opportunity for high school, college or undergraduate students. Day-of-fair activities range from helping set up tables, registering students, collecting judge forms, etc. If you would like to get more information on how to be a day-of-fair volunteer, please contact the FLASF Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Volunteers: If you are interested in a longer term volunteer committment, please consider joining the FLASF Committee to help in the organization of next year's science fair. If you would like to get more information on how to be a FLASF committee member, please contact the FLASF Chair at email@example.com
Past Frontenac Lennox & Addington Science Fairs
Take a look at our past science fairs
If you have any questions about the Frontenac Lennox & Addington Science Fair, please ask at Contact Us